Acupuncture For Headache & Migraines Miami | Migraine Specialist Miami
Get the best Acupuncture For Headache & Migraines Miami, Florida. Dr. Tsai is the best licensed acupuncturist in Miami & Hollywood, Florida. Advanced Acupuncture treats headaches and migraines naturally, without medication. Call 954-987-6988 for the free consultation. Know a Headache & Migraine Causes, Types & Treatment.
RELIEF FROM MIGRAINE HEADACHES
A migraine can be disabling – with symptoms so severe, all you can think about is finding a dark, quiet place to lie down.In some cases, these painful headaches are preceded or accompanied by a sensory warning sign (aura), such as flashes of light, blind spots or tingling in your arm or leg.
A migraine is also often accompanied by other signs and symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and extreme sensitivity to light and sound. Migraine pain can be excruciating and may incapacitate you for hours or even days.
Fortunately, management of migraine pain has improved dramatically in the last decade. If you’ve seen a doctor in the past and had no success, it’s time to make another appointment.
A typical migraine attack produces some or all of these signs and symptoms:
- Moderate to severe pain, which may be confined to one side of the head or may affect both sides.
- Head pain with a pulsating or throbbing quality.
- Pain that worsens with physical activity.
- Pain that interferes with your regular activities.
- Nausea with or without vomiting.
- Sensitivity to light and sound.
When left untreated, a migraine typically lasts from four to 72 hours, but the frequency with which headaches occur varies from person to person. You may have migraines several times a month or just once or twice a year. Not all migraines are the same. Most people experience migraines without auras, which were previously called common migraines.
Some, however, have migraines with auras, which were previously called classic migraines. If you’re in the second group, you’ll likely have an aura about 15 to 30 minutes before your headache begins. Auras may continue after your headache starts or even occur after your headache begins. When you’re experiencing an aura, you may:
- See sparkling flashes of light.
- Perceive dazzling zigzag lines in your field of vision.
- Experience slowly spreading blind spots in your vision.
- Feel tingling, pins and needles sensations in one arm or leg.
- Rarely, experience weakness or language and speech problems.
Whether or not you have auras, you may have one or more sensations of premonition several hours or a day or so before your headache actually strikes, including:
- Feelings of elation or intense energy
- Cravings for sweets
- Irritability or depression
Whatever the exact mechanism of headaches, a number of things may trigger them. Common migraine triggers include:
- Hormonal changes
- Sensory stimuli
- Changes in wake-sleep pattern
- Physical factors
- Changes in the environment
Medications and Migraines
Many people with migraines have a family history of migraine. If both your parents have migraines, there’s a good chance you will too. Even if only one of your parents has migraines, you’re still at increased risk of developing migraines.If you’re a woman with migraines, you may find that your headaches begin just before or shortly after onset of menstruation.
They may also change during pregnancy or menopause. Many women report improvement in their migraines later in pregnancy, but others report that their migraines worsened during the first trimester. If pregnancy or menstruation affects your migraines, your headaches are also likely to worsen if you take birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Even if you have a history of headaches, see your doctor if the pattern changes or your headaches suddenly feel different.
See your doctor immediately or go to the emergency room if you have any of the following signs and symptoms, which may indicate other, more serious medical problems:
- An abrupt, severe headache like a thunderclap.
- Headache with fever, stiff neck, rash, mental confusion, seizures, double vision, weakness, numbness or trouble speaking.
- Headache after a head injury, especially if the headache gets worse.
- A chronic headache that is worse after coughing, exertion, straining or a sudden movement.
- New headache pain if you’re older than 50.
HOW WE TREAT MIGRAINES WITH ACUPUNCTURE
- We would review the medical record brought the patent.
- The most common causes for migraine headaches is from the stress from working too hard, i.e., caretaker, anger, menopause, and side effects from medication.
- The pain can start in the back of the head radiating into the eyes, or from the top of the head to both sides of the head.
- We will clear the channel by unblocking the meridian for information, which will relieve the pain.
- Many patients suffer for as many as 20 years until they find the solution.
Call today to get the Acupuncture For Headache & Migraines Miami– 954-987-6988